From Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>
Subject Re: Installing CouchDB on ISP server
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 02:29:14 GMT
For almost all Unix software, you'd download the source, extract it, and
run ./configure --prefix=/home/yourusername/softwarename. So for
Erlang/CouchDB, ./configure --prefix=/home/you/couchdb.

But I don't know if CouchDB and Erlang are standard autoconf tools.

Also, all users on the system will be able to access your CouchDB instance,
so be sure not to run it in Admin Party mode.

---
Keith Gable
A+ Certified Professional
Network+ Certified Professional