From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB - Open Document Format mega storage
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 11:01:57 GMT
The suggestion to use an update notification handler to trigger
copying into a VCS is dangerous, as it is not guaranteed to get all
your changes (consider compaction running while you're doing this, you
could easily miss a revision).

It's better to store all your versions in couchdb itself *in the
current revision*. Either as JSON;

{
  "_id":"mydoc",
  "_rev":"3-foo",
  "old_versions": {
    "1" : {}
    "2":" {}
  }
}

or by storing old revisions as attachments. The code doing the update
would post a new revision which contains all your versions, and thus
you cannot lose it, no matter when compaction runs.

B.

On 9 November 2011 10:09, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> You might want to look at couchdb-lucene, it indexes attachments using Apache Tika, so
if Tika can index .odt files, you'll be able to search them through couchdb.