From Kwasi Gyasi - Agyei <>
Subject Installing CouchDB on CentOS 6/32Bit
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:53:27 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to build CouchDB on Centos 6, I have installed most of the
dependencies using yum install, listed below:

$ yum install gcc libtool xulrunner-devel libicu-devel openssl-devel icu
automake autoconf automake213

Below I'm going to detail the dependencies installed, as a way to also
possible produce steps for someone who may possible come across the issue
encountered along with resolutions

Building SpiderMonkey (js-1.8.5)
Source URL :
+ Steps

$ wget
//instructions from,
I left out mercurial, believe it is used for source checkout
$ yum install mercurial autoconf213 glibc-static libstdc++-static yasm
wireless-tools-devel mesa-libGL-devel alsa-lib-devel libXt-devel$ cd
$ autoconf-2.13
$ ./configure

+ Problem/Error:
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.

+ Resolution:

Multimedia and Communication | Property | Entertainment
Kwasi Owusu Gyasi - Agyei

*cell*        (+27) (0) 76 466 4488
*website *
*email     *
*skype    *kwasi.gyasiagyei
*role*        Developer.Designer.Software Architect