From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: Installing CouchDB on CentOS 6/32Bit
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:01:55 GMT
Sounds like you're missing a C++ compiler. Have you tried installing gcc-c++ via yum?

Some other ideas to get CouchDB running on CentOS 6:

* The EPEL repository has CouchDB 1.0.2 ready-to-go in its repository: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
* build-couchdb: https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb

Nils.
Van: Kwasi Gyasi - Agyei [kwasi.gyasiagyei@4things.co.za]
Verzonden: vrijdag 11 november 2011 19:53
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: Installing CouchDB on CentOS 6/32Bit

Hi All,

I'm trying to build CouchDB on Centos 6, I have installed most of the
dependencies using yum install, listed below:

$ yum install gcc libtool xulrunner-devel libicu-devel openssl-devel icu
automake autoconf automake213

Below I'm going to detail the dependencies installed, as a way to also
possible produce steps for someone who may possible come across the issue
encountered along with resolutions

Building SpiderMonkey (js-1.8.5)
Source URL : http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js185-1.0.0.tar.gz
------------------------------
+ Steps

$ wget http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js185-1.0.0.tar.gz
//instructions from
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Developer_Guide/Build_Instructions/Linux_Prerequisites,
I left out mercurial, believe it is used for source checkout
$ yum install mercurial autoconf213 glibc-static libstdc++-static yasm
wireless-tools-devel mesa-libGL-devel alsa-lib-devel libXt-devel$ cd
js-1.8.5/src/js
$ autoconf-2.13
$ ./configure

+ Problem/Error:
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.

+ Resolution:

--

Multimedia and Communication | Property | Entertainment
Kwasi Owusu Gyasi - Agyei

*cell*        (+27) (0) 76 466 4488
*website *www.4things.co.za
*email     *kwasi.gyasiagyei@4things.co.za
*skype    *kwasi.gyasiagyei
*role*        Developer.Designer.Software Architect
 VPRO   www.vpro.nl