From Mike Kimber <mkim...@kana.com>
Subject RE: Couchdb build on Centos 5.7 picking up /usr/ and not /usr/local
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 16:03:17 GMT
Re-installed curl and it stuck it in the same place

/usr/local/lib/libcurl.a

Mike

MICHAEL KIMBER | PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT

d : +44 (0)28 9078 8378

-----Original Message-----
From: CGS [mailto:cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com]
Sent: 09 November 2011 15:53
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Couchdb build on Centos 5.7 picking up /usr/ and not /usr/local

It looks like curl failed on installation. Do you have libcurl.a in
/usr/local/include/lib path? If not, then try to reinstall curl.

I hope this will help.

Cheers,
CGS

On 11/09/2011 04:41 PM, Mike Kimber wrote:
> Additional Info. The CURL Makefile environment variables on the Centios 5.7 box are:
>
> CURL_CFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include/include -DCURL_STATICLIB
> CURL_CONFIG =
> CURL_LDFLAGS = -l/usr/local/include/lib/libcurl -lWs2_32 -lkernel32 -luser32 -ladvapi32
-lWldap32
> CURL_LIBS = /usr/local/include/lib/libcurl
>
> But on the Centos 5.6 box they are
>
> CURL_CFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include
> CURL_CONFIG = /usr/local/bin/curl-config
> CURL_LDFLAGS = -lcurl
> CURL_LIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl -L/usr/kerberos/lib64
>
> Mike
>
> MICHAEL KIMBER | PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT
>
> d : +44 (0)28 9078 8378
> <http://www.kana.com/>
>

> ________________________________

This I have done successfully. However they install in /usr/local whereas the couchdb configure
script is currently looking in ./usr.

> I have managed to get the configure script to work using:
>
> sudo ./configure --with-erlang=/usr/local/lib/erlang/erts-5.7.5/include --enable-js-trunk
--with-win32-curl=/usr/local/include

> but when I run sudo make I now get:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l/usr/local/include/lib/libcurl
>
> And this file/directory does not exist except in the Curl distribution and that contains
pdf/html documents.

> I have successfully done this build on a Centos 5.6, but can't see where I'm going wrong
on 5.7. The /usr/local/include/lib/libcurl does not exit on the Centos 5.6 centos build either,
but this built.

> Any help gratefully received, as I'm very confused!
>
> Mike
>

> MICHAEL KIMBER
>
> PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT
>
> d: 02890788378| m: 07792329322
>
> f: 02890788339 | e: mkimber@kana.com<mailto:mkimber@kana.com>
>
> 209 Airport Road West, Belfast
> BT3 9EZ, United Kingdom
>

> [cid:image001.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.kana.com/service-experience-management/stack.php>
>
> EVENTS<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/events.php>  | WHITEPAPERS<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/white-papers.php>
 | CASE STUDIES<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/video-case-studies.php>  | DEMOS<http://www.kana.com/service-solutions/demo-library.php>
>
> [cid:image002.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/KANA-Software-Inc/146154198748782>
>
> [cid:image003.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.twitter.com/kanasoftware>
>
> [cid:image004.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/KANA-Software-1129?mostPopular=&gid=1129>
>

> [cid:image005.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.kana.com/independent-research-firm-gartner-names-kana-leader-in-the-magic-quadrant-for-crm-web-customer-service.php>
>
> The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may be subject to legal, professional
or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly prohibited without our authority.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and should notify us immediately.