From Mike Kimber <mkim...@kana.com>
Subject Couchdb build on Centos 5.7 picking up /usr/ and not /usr/local
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 15:22:43 GMT
I am trying to build CouchDB 1.1.1 on Centos 5.7.

To do this I have to build curl 7.22.0 and erlang otp_src_R13B04 to meet the pre-reqs. This
I have done successfully. However they install in /usr/local whereas the couchdb configure
script is currently looking in ./usr.

I have managed to get the configure script to work using:

sudo ./configure --with-erlang=/usr/local/lib/erlang/erts-5.7.5/include --enable-js-trunk
--with-win32-curl=/usr/local/include

but when I run sudo make I now get:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l/usr/local/include/lib/libcurl

And this file/directory does not exist except in the Curl distribution and that contains pdf/html
documents.

I have successfully done this build on a Centos 5.6, but can't see where I'm going wrong on
5.7. The /usr/local/include/lib/libcurl does not exit on the Centos 5.6 centos build either,
but this built.

Any help gratefully received, as I'm very confused!

Mike

MICHAEL KIMBER

PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT

d: 02890788378| m: 07792329322

f: 02890788339 | e: mkimber@kana.com<mailto:mkimber@kana.com>

209 Airport Road West, Belfast
BT3 9EZ, United Kingdom

[cid:image001.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.kana.com/service-experience-management/stack.php>

EVENTS<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/events.php> | WHITEPAPERS<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/white-papers.php>
| CASE STUDIES<http://www.kana.com/better-practices/video-case-studies.php> | DEMOS<http://www.kana.com/service-solutions/demo-library.php>

[cid:image002.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/KANA-Software-Inc/146154198748782>

[cid:image003.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.twitter.com/kanasoftware>

[cid:image004.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/KANA-Software-1129?mostPopular=&gid=1129>

[cid:image005.gif@01CC9EF3.6D6440B0]<http://www.kana.com/independent-research-firm-gartner-names-kana-leader-in-the-magic-quadrant-for-crm-web-customer-service.php>

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may be subject to legal, professional
or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly prohibited without our authority.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and should notify us immediately.