From "Szabo, Viktor (Enterprise Infrastructure)" <Viktor.Sz...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: possible compact bug in 1.1.1
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:24:12 GMT
> >  undeterministic behaviour is not something I like.

> You cannot avoid  undeterministic behavior when it comes to conflicts.  It is an inherent
problem.

Undeterministic behavior is fine when it's caused by scheduling or synchronization
related to parallel operations, and I'm happy to live with it.

But not knowing whether my write operation will fail or succeed (in fact succeed without
changing the state of the database!) for the target with the very same content (*) is weird.

(*) - if we consider _compact operation as something that should not change the actual content

Cheers,
Viktor
NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained
herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section
975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the
sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor
electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley
you consent to the foregoing.