From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Reconciling Data
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 19:49:07 GMT

On Nov 2, 2011, at 9:20 AM, Henri van den Bulk wrote:

> I'm in the process of writing an external program in Java that reconciles data in CouchDB
to a source system. One of the basic parts is to determine what data needs to be removed from
CouchDB. The good thing is that the Ids in CouchDB are the same as the Ids in the source system.
However, some initial test seem that the process is very slow in determining what needs to
be removed.

It’s inevitably going to be inefficient to have to fetch _all_ the doc IDs from CouchDB
and _all_ the IDs from the other system and then scan them looking for differences.

Instead, is there a way you can query the other system to find out which docs have been removed
since the last time you synced?

—Jens