From Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.be...@utt.fr>
Subject Re: How to get hierarchicaly linked data into one line?
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2011 07:44:44 GMT
Hi Alexander,

> But I can't figure out how to create a view/list with all the data of a sighting on one
line. This would be easy with a relational database. I must be missing something. I've seen
this (http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Introduction_to_CouchDB_views#Linked_documents) but it
puts related data on neighbouring lines.

You don't have to put them on the same line.

When you query a view, you don't get just a line, but all the lines that corresponds to the
key or to the range of keys you gave.
This means that you can "collate" lines coming from different documents :
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/View_collation

Regards,

Aurélien