From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB _changes _view transactions
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:41:32 GMT

On Nov 1, 2011, at 10:20 AM, N/A N/A wrote:

> During view execution, is it possible to get newer message from continuous _changes?
Which information will arrive first ? The one from the view or _changes ?

I don’t think there can be any guarantees, since the data is arriving over two separate
TCP connections. Even if the server sent the packets in a known order, that could be changed
during flight if some packets were delayed.

What might help is configuring your view to emit sequence numbers*. Then you can compare the
sequence numbers in the view rows coming back with the latest sequence number received from
_changes to see which is newer.

—Jens

* http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_view_API#View_Generation_Options