From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nodejs couchapp
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 17:02:27 GMT

On Nov 8, 2011, at November 8, 20118:47 AM, john.tiger wrote:

> On 11/07/11 15:14, Mikeal Rogers wrote:
>> I wrote node-couchapp and i don't even remember what those flags did. i have since
changed the command line api.

>> couchapp push app.jshttp://localhost:5984/db
>
> Thks.  Wow, this is so simple and works great.
>
> Now a question:  since making a couch app is so easy, why are not more people using it
?  Are couch apps limited versus using a full MVC backend (ie Express, Strata, ..)

There are definitely limitations, pulling info in to the page that isn't in your database
isn't doable, _list and _show are pretty slow so you're limited to single page apps if you
want to keep things really fast.

For simple things, nothing is simpler than a couchapp, but as your app gets more complex you're
going to start doing backflips to get it to fit in to the couchapp model.

-Mikeal