From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Installing CouchDB on ISP server
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 20:38:31 GMT

On Nov 11, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Stephan Bardubitzki wrote:

since we naturally don't have root access on an ISP server, I'm
wondering whether it is possible to install and run CouchDB in the user
space. If so how do I have to do that?

If you mean a shared-hosting account, those generally don’t let you run any kind of server
process of your own. You’d need a more expensive dedicated server (or virtual-server) account
for that. Instead, you can get a free hosted CouchDB server from iriscouch.com<http://iriscouch.com>
or cloudant.com<http://cloudant.com>.

—Jens