From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Conflicting password-storage info on the wiki
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 22:41:38 GMT

On Nov 10, 2011, at 2:02 PM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> Heh.  No, they're still stored out in the open for anyone to see.  Only the server admin
passwords are stored in the .ini file.  Did you try creating a normal user?  As far as I know
that documentation is still accurate.

Aha, I’ve only got a single admin account on my server, that explains it.

I can create a normal user by just doing a PUT to _users, but can I create an admin account
that way too? Or do I have to modify the config file to do that?

—Jens