From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject Reactions on ubuntu one dropping couchdb?
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:48:06 GMT
Hi,

I wonder that there's so few to no reaction about ubuntu one dropping CouchDB
and as a consequence also desktopcouch. I'm really sad about this, since I
really liked the idea of having my PIM data in CouchDB rather then in SQL
(default Akonadi store).

How do you think about this? Even if the ubuntu people were not able to scale
CouchDB, that doesn't seem to be a reason for me to also drop CouchDB on the
client. Is desktopcouch a sane concept that could be continued even without
Cloudera?

Maybe they just didn't want to have Erlang on the client?[1]

[1] http://blog.novacut.com/2011/11/note-on-ubuntu-one-dropping-couchdb.html

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Bookmarks:

 * Desktopcouch alternative: https://launchpad.net/dc3
 * Email archive with CouchDB? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8276110/how-
to-implement-an-imap-server-on-top-of-a-couchdb-nosql-data-store