From James Marca <jma...@translab.its.uci.edu>
Subject Re: 2011 Apache CouchDB Community Survey...
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:12:33 GMT
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 09:25:13PM +0100, Marcello Nuccio wrote:
> I agree: good books an manuals are essential, and "CouchDB: The
> Definitive Guide" is not enough.
>
> However the comparison with PostgreSQL is not fair.
> CouchDB is a very young project and the whole "NoSQL movement" (sorry,
> I don't know how to name it...) is also very young. I'm confident that
> things will get better with time.

I totally agree.  I'm not saying CouchDB should be there now, I'm
just pointing at what I like from a mature product and respectfully
requesting that the documentation effort head in that direction.

And after posting this I found that the CouchDB book is on github!
(https://github.com/oreilly/couchdb-guide.git) So I cloned it and
hopefully will get time to edit the text.  First stop is replication.

Regards,
James