From N/A N/A <pressley...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB _changes _view transactions
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 18:15:27 GMT
Hi,

Could you give me some more details?

Regards

________________________________
From: Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org; N/A N/A <pressley333@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: CouchDB _changes _view transactions

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM, N/A N/A <pressley333@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following issue. I hold continuous _changes feed for certain events. When
my web application is started for first time, i want to get last event and process it. I wrote
a view for this purpose querying CouchDB. Where is the problem ? During view execution,
is it possible to get newer message from continuous _changes? Which information will arrive
first ? The one from the view or _changes ? Which message is last ? CouchDB doesn't support
transactions so in this case i'm not sure my last information is last and valid.

> Regards,

You can do the inverse on trunk and 1.2x branch :

use the native filter _view and if a change come , query your view,
compare seqs etc...

- benoit