From Robert Wadholm <rwadh...@maf.org>
Subject Re: Architecture Question
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:54:47 GMT
If you are building a CouchApp, for simplicity, you can also maybe checkout Ryan Ramage's CouchApp
Takeout:
https://github.com/ryanramage/couchapp-takeout
It will install CouchDB on Macs and PCs in the background (as well as your CouchApp) as long
as the user has the latest Java. It'll install your CouchApp as a native looking app, and
run it in the user's default browser. You can get CouchDB running on a user's machine in about
2-6 minutes (depending on download speed) without them having to know they have installed
anything but your app. And CouchApp Takeout is extremely easy to set up (it's a CouchApp itself,
so you just replicate it to your db, and make a few minor changes to JSON and two images).

Bob
rwadholm@maf.org<mailto:rwadholm@maf.org>