From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: views sorted by array values
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:37:51 GMT
Do you have any example queries you are wanting? Are the categories
hierarchical?

A map function of:
function (doc) {
    if (doc.type !== "product") return;

    //pretty sure forEach() is supported
    doc.categories.forEach(function (cat) {
         emit(cat, null);
    });
}

would let to retrieve things like "all products with a category of '1'"
something like a query parameter of: ?key=1

--
“The limits of language are the limits of one's world. “ - Ludwig von
Wittgenstein

"Water is fluid, soft and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is
rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft and yielding will
overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is soft
is strong." - Lao-Tzu