From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: Allowed contents of validate_doc_update field.
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 12:04:20 GMT
I would stick to a pure-function. What if you set `a = /not_bla/` in
the function? But CouchDB might start many simultaneous Javascript
processes, so you will not know the value of `a` later.

I admit that sometimes I wish I could put constants and other things
outside the function, for readability.

P.S. /regex/.test(str) does not work on some builds of CouchDB (or
rather, some builds of Spidermonkey) which are still in use. It is
safer to use str.match(/regex) which I also find less readable :)

--
Iris Couch