From Luciano Ramalho <luci...@ramalho.org>
Subject Re: When to normalize data
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 22:48:36 GMT
On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:49 AM, David Fox <david@davidjfox.com> wrote:
> Would this be a case where it would make sense to normalize my document and
> store these access keys separately? Are there any general guidelines
> determining when it makes sense to normalize?

Besides the MongoDB article suggested by Roger, I also recommend this book:

Semistructured Database Design

http://www.springer.com/computer/security+and+cryptology/book/978-0-387-23567-7

Yes, it is expensive, but it is the only book I that I know about
which discusses in depth data modeling, including normalization, in
semistructured databases (a.k.a. document databases, but
semistructured or semi-structured are the terms used in research since
the 1990s).

Cheers,

Luciano

--