From Marcello Nuccio <marcello.nuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 409 Conflict on attempt to add new document
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:41:18 GMT
Are you really sure all 6,412 documents have different _id?
Marcello

2011/10/23 Roger Rohrbach <roger@ecstatic.com>:
> I just ran a program to add 6,412 new documents to a freshly-created, empty database.
>
> All of the documents were added, but CouchDB reported an error (HTTP status 409 Conflict)
for one of them.  This is troubling for several reasons:

> The document did not previously exist, but was being added for the first time, like all
the others.  It was also in no way different than those; in particular, the JSON did not
contain a _rev field.
> Despite the error, the document was successfully added.
>
> This would appear, therefore, to be a spurious error.  Could this be a bug?  This is
Cloudant's hosted version (CouchDB 1.0.2, Cloudant build 1.3.22).