From "Jim R. Wilson" <wilson.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: undefined reference to JS_SealObject
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 02:06:11 GMT
Master - just hit up github and started following the readme.  Was a bit
concerned that the spidermonkey ppa said "karmic" but shrugged it off and
pressed onwards.

For the record, I have never been able to successfully build straight couch
either, EXCEPT using build-couchdb[1], which chainbuilds erlang, curl and
spidermonkey from their respective github projects.  I was even able to do
this using vanilla Centos (of all things).

So +1 for a build-bigcouch project if anyone is up for it.  A cursory
googling didn't turn one up, but you know what they say about absence of
evidence[2]. :)

Context: I'm co-authoring a book on databases, and I'd love to talk about
BigCouch in the CouchDB chapter, but I need to be able to run it.

[1] https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb
[2] https://plus.google.com/u/0/114924461829472558358/posts/fGcYwTuq6q5

Thanks for your help,

-- Jim

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org>wrote:

> Ok then -- 1.1.0 does not support JS 1.8.5 (the 1.1.1 candidate we're
> voting on now does).
>
> Jim, I should have asked in the beginning, but did you try to build
> BigCouch from the master branch or from a tag?
>
> Adam
>
> On Oct 24, 2011, at 10:55 AM, CGS wrote:
>
> > CouchDB version 1.1.0.
> >
> > On 10/24/2011 04:47 PM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
> >> Ugh, that's really not good.  What version of CouchDB were you using?
> >>
> >> Adam

> git://github.com/membase/spidermonkey.git' and it worked. I used that
> because the official version 1.8.5 raised similar error in CouchDB
> compilation. Maybe it will help you as well.

> definitely preferred now.

> various versions of Spidermonkey in both CouchDB and BigCouch.  I don't know
> if he tried the Ubuntu 11.10 package specifically.  I suspect when he's up
> later today he'll have some insight on the matter.  Regards,

> Oneiric).
> on how

> bunch of

> -lcurl