From Sam Bisbee <...@sbisbee.com>
Subject Re: Linux Alternatives for CouchDB
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:12:55 GMT
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Clarke Bishop
<cbishop@resultantsys.com> wrote:
> I am setting up a development environment to learn CouchDB. But, I'm using
> Windows.
>
> I tried Cygwin, but kept running into various problems. So, I decided to
> switch to Linux running under VMware. I still think this is the best
> direction.
>
> I downloaded the latest version of Ubuntu (11.10) and installed it. But,
> then I discovered that CouchDB 1.1 support was limited, and I haven't been
> able to get CouchDB installed.

Hi Clarke,

I have been running CouchDB since 0.9.x on various versions of Debian
and Ubuntu. It can be a pain to install because of the spidermonkey
dependency, but that's gotten a ton easier.

What is the issue that you are seeing when trying to install?

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee