From Filipe David Manana <>
Subject Re: Replication Question
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 16:10:08 GMT
On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Kismat Sood <> wrote:
> Thank you for the link. Setting it up looks simple, but I can't tell if data is compressed
when it is sent over the network during replication. Any idea where I could find this out?

Only attachments that were stored in compressed form (gzip, see the
[attachments] section in the .ini config) will be send to the target
in compressed form.

You can always verify it by yourself using a packet sniffer
(wireshark, tcpdump, tcpflow) - it's http and json, how easier could
it be?

> Thanks again.
> Kismat
If so, can anyone point me to any documentation where I can learn more about it (e.g. how
to set it up, what is configurable, and what is going on under the hood).
> I don't know what's going on under the hood exactly, but
should tell you all about what you can do with replication.
> Nils.

Filipe David Manana,