From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: Architecture Question
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:36:05 GMT
On 17 October 2011 07:16, Ido Ran <> wrote:
> Thank you all. I'm targeting Windows platform - so I'll be glad to hear how can I run
the database there.
> It's not going to be in-process but I do need a seamless way to run it without the client
install it manually.
> Thanks

You can bundle couchdb inside another windows app without users
needing to install it separately. Check "Integrating CouchDB
into your Windows Applications", and make sure you include the
appropriate VC runtimes either in your app or as a dependency.

I've found that you can also remove the two erl.ini files completely
and Erlang/CouchDB seems to run just fine without them. You'll still
need to fiddle your local.ini files for the correct paths of course.

View raw message