From Nestor Urquiza <nestor.urqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disable default unsecure plain HTTP 5984
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:37:45 GMT
Thanks for the fast responses.

Here is what I have in daemons section:
[daemons]
; enable SSL support by uncommenting the following line and supply the
PEM's below.
; the default ssl port CouchDB listens on is 6984
httpsd = {couch_httpd, start_link, [https]}

Still I get the below:
$ ./utils/run
Apache CouchDB 1.1.1a1186848 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
[info] [<0.97.0>] Attempting to start replication
`d30383157f3a29c1356051d04c7a5ed8+continuous+create_target` (document
`by_clientId`).
Apache CouchDB has started. Time to relax.
[info] [<0.31.0>] Apache CouchDB has started on http://127.0.0.1:5984/
[info] [<0.31.0>] Apache CouchDB has started on https://127.0.0.1:6984/

Not sure what I am missing.
Best,
-Nestor

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 7:32 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Fairly sure you can do as Benoit suggests. It was certainly my
> intention to allow one or other or both, and that was the case when I
> did the original work.
>
> B.
>
> On 21 October 2011 12:24, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know if CouchDB has a configuration setting that lets you disable HTTP,
but I guess you could use a firewall to block access to the HTTP port?