From Mark Hahn <m...@boutiquing.com>
Subject Re: When to normalize data
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 03:58:17 GMT
> Are there any general guidelines determining when it makes sense to
normalize?

Not really.  It depends on how big the docs are and how often your keys are
updated.  My personal approach is to code it whichever way is easiest and
then hope it works well.  It is rare that I have to go back and change it.

If you abstract your code properly, and with some luck, it could be easy to
change the schema even after it has been running a while.