From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Max number of collections
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2011 07:54:51 GMT
The maximum number of databases is 'however many you can fit on disk'
unless you are using a filesystem that performs poorly if you have
lots of files in the same directory (though embedded /'s in your  db
names is a poor man's hack around that).

CouchDB keeps an LRU of open dbs and closes one to open a new one, it
defaults to 100. Raise this to prevent thrashing if lots of databases
are active (and increase the file descriptor limit, most linuxes
default to 1024, for example).

B.