From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Authentication Question
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:04:27 GMT
You could enable the proxy authentication handler;

%% @doc proxy auth handler.
%
% This handler allows creation of a userCtx object from a user
authenticated remotly.
% The client just pass specific headers to CouchDB and the handler
create the userCtx.
% Headers  name can be defined in local.ini. By thefault they are :
%
%   * X-Auth-CouchDB-UserName : contain the username, (x_auth_username in
%   couch_httpd_auth section)
%   * X-Auth-CouchDB-Roles : contain the user roles, list of roles
separated by a
%   comma (x_auth_roles in couch_httpd_auth section)
%   * X-Auth-CouchDB-Token : token to authenticate the authorization
(x_auth_token
%   in couch_httpd_auth section). This token is an hmac-sha1 created
from secret key
%   and username. The secret key should be the same in the client and
couchdb node. s
%   ecret key is the secret key in couch_httpd_auth section of ini.
This token is optional
%   if value of proxy_use_secret key in couch_httpd_auth section of
ini isn't true.
%

Add {couch_httpd_auth, proxy_authentification_handler} to [httpd]
authentication_handlers. And, yes, it's really called
authentification. I assume an ancient typo or possibly a hilarious
in-joke.

B.