From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Doc design / performace
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:58:33 GMT
Hi Thomas,

All the views in a design document are built at the same time and
written to the same file. So one big difference between having one doc
versus several is that having several allows views to be built in
parallel. Depending on your server hardware this could be a very
significant difference. Another is that modifying one view in a design
document will invalidate all views in that document (they will all be
rebuilt).

The execution time of the map function is rarely the bottleneck, it's
dominated by the I/O of reading and writing.

HTH,
B.