From Ron Dyck <pulpfr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intermittent Connection Problems
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:20:08 GMT
Thank-you CGS for your help. Much of the information you've provided
below is very good. Yesterday evening I think I found the solution.

I've installed couchdb with iriscouch/build-couchdb from
https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb
This install uses a different type of start-up script that does not by
default run in the background. I start the script with "./bin/couchdb
&" However as I discovered, using '&' for this script does not really
allow it to run in the background, it requires the switch -b. When I
closed the terminal window, I was getting inconsistent connectivity.
It appears as though I've solved the problem now.

I really appreciate your help in helping me discover the problem.

Regards,
ron

--
Ron Dyck