From Ron Dyck <>
Subject Intermittent Connection Problems
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:58:22 GMT
I've been having intermittent connection problems with my couchdb
installation. The error is: "Could not connect to server at
<myipaddress>:5984: '111: Connection refused' "

I have a remote installation with the binding address set to
My installation is on a AWS linux instance: Amazon Linux AMI x86_64
using the install script.

The problem is very sporadic, occasionally a reload of the page
connects, most other times it does not. I've checked the logs
immediately after the connection loss with no evidence of anything.
When I test the connection locally: curl I get error
connecting. The process is still running when I check ps ax | grep
beam. I'm forced to kill the process and start the server.

Currently we access the server from 3 different locations and my
firewall is set to restrict access to port 5984 from specified IP

Any help is really appreciated.

Ron Dyck

View raw message