From Gregor Martynus <gre...@martynus.net>
Subject Re: same attachment across documents / databases
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:22:18 GMT
Thanks for your responses!

I'm not sure if there is any approach to go minimize the disadvantage of
replicated attachments eating up space and performance, if there is, please
let me know.

My approach would be to setup a backend server that listens to new
attachments coming in, transferring these to an external store like S3 and
then replace the doc attachment in the DB with some kind of pointer to the
new location of the attachments.

Not sure if that makes sense, I'm open for suggestions.

And once more thanks for your help!