From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Threaded External Handlers
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2011 13:37:11 GMT
So you have a scenario where a single request comes in and you need to split the work up between
multiple threads?

Also by handlers do you mean the view servers that couch manages for the design doc code?
Those can only handle a single request at a time but couch manages a pool of them.

Just trying to figure out what the scenario is.

http instead of stdin/stdout. >http://davispj.com/2010/09/26/new-couchdb-externals-api.html
> Thanks Robert, I knew about the Http Proxy feature new in 1.1!
> In our deployment our business logic is stored code (js/py) on CouchDB that should be
run  at server-side, we have Apache Web server as our front end. So that may not be the case
for us to use CouchDB's http proxy for running server-side code!
> In our case I think solutions are to
> 1) use mod-python handlers in Apache (and write business logic code in Python => No
code sharing through the whole system)
> 2) ADD!!! NodeJS to our architecture as processes managed by CouchDB os-daemons to which
Apache routes requests
> 3) Write fake CouchDB update handlers and use them as Stored-JS-code-Runners (with couchapp
code sharing through documents), and call these handlers from mod-python to fulfill the business
logic.