From Thomas Hommers <thomas.homm...@ebalu.com>
Subject Doc design / performace
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 04:06:20 GMT
Hi,

i am quite new to couchDB and trying to build a sales application.

I designed a document as product. One product consist of multiple sub-products that are unique
to one product.
Next i designed a sales document that consists of multiple products. The quantity of each
sub-product can be chosen independent.

When i know want to see the total sales quantity, i created a view that runs through all sales-docs
and emits the sold quantity, with the product- and sub-product-number as keys. This way I
am able to see the sold quantity by product and by sub-product with a reduce function.

The problem i am facing is that it takes a long time to display an overview of all quantities.
Did i maybe design something wrong and should take another approach? e.g. maybe I should create
a doc for each sub-product instead of having them all in one product-doc? Would this be faster?

I am really thankful for any advice, hint or comment.

Regards
Thomas