From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BigCouch load balancer
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:59:55 GMT
Hi Yixiao,

If you have a clustering software, just read the documentation (I am
sure you will see round-robin there). If you don't have any clustering
software, well, I don't know if BigCouch has any, but to create one it's
not something one can attach to a post (at least I wouldn't because I
have no information about your cluster). You can have an idea of what is
round-robin from the wikipedia for example
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin at computing and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_scheduling). Mainly it's about
dividing your flux of incoming data into pieces and distributing them in
a circular way to all the nodes (just to describe the strategy in simple
words).

Cheers,
CGS