From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help installing CouchDB on Ubuntu
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 06:45:43 GMT
CouchDB version 1.1.0 doesn't work with libmozjs185. Therefore the
Spidermonkey is included there (in build-couchdb). As far as I
understood, version 1.1.1 works with libmozjs185, but I haven't tested
it personally.

If you start CouchDB as a daemon (or system process), you don't need to
create a specific user anymore.

You should mess with your firewall only if you messed with it before,
that is, if you closed all your ports. By default, those ports are not
closed, so, no need to open them. I don't have Ubuntu 11, but I was
working with different other versions and no previous version I worked
with had those ports closed by default. Still, if you go into
production, you may want to close some less secured ports, that much is
true. But not all of them because there isn't quite a point (nmap can
report all the opened ports and the attacker doesn't care if you have
only few or most of ports open) to open ports every time you install
something like a database or any other application which requires a
specific port.

Cheers,
CGS