From "john.tiger" <john.tigernas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help installing CouchDB on Ubuntu
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 00:08:10 GMT
I believe that programmers ought to be able to upgrade / build packages
so we should be able to get 1.1.0 downloaded and working (with 1.1.1
soon on the way)

But I just spent the last few hours trying to update my 11.10 to Couch
1.1.0 which the wiki suggests - I tried to follow someone's instructions
for building 1.1.0 in 11.04 but now Ubuntu no longer has xulrunner in
the repositories (frustrating!)

so question is :
a) should we download xulrunner-1.9.2-dev from Natty repository and use
in 11.10 ?
b) Debian shows no xulrunner-1.9.2 but does show 1.9.1.x and 2.0 in
experimental - should we use that ?
c) if there's not a good reason for ubuntu to start dumping key packages
should we switch to Linux Mint with debian testing ?

or should Couch get out of the xulrunner dependency ?