From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help installing CouchDB on Ubuntu
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:50:20 GMT
Even if it is recommended the latest version, if something is working,
do not touch it unless you know what you do or you are forced to do it.
That's my sincere piece of advice.

If you installed it from "Batteries Included", then you should have
default.ini and local.in under /etc/couchdb/, and the couchdb daemon
under /etc/init.d/. You don't need anything else (no extra user, no
extra building) but to configure it for your needs (in the ini's files).
If you have problems in starting/stopping/restarting and so on, just
type man couchdb and press enter (use stop and start after few seconds
to be sure you restart it correctly - sometimes Erlang processes tend to
report stop while they are still in the process of stopping). Check this
out to start using CouchDB:

http://guide.couchdb.org/editions/1/en/index.html

and if you forget the commands there, just take a look into the short
version of that documentation:

http://jpmens.net/2010/04/20/the-antepenultimate-couchdb-reference-card/

So, sit back and relax while reading about couch. :)

Welcome to this community!

Cheers,
CGS