From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intermittent Connection Problems
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:54:30 GMT
Yes, sometimes such an error can be a really pain. The amp char does set
the application to run in the background, but it doesn't detach it from
the session. So, once the session is closed, the application is
terminated as well. If you really want an application to run in the
detached mode, you should use nohup or screen. I prefer nohup (no hangup).

In the case of CouchDB, yes, it has the option -b as a substitute for nohup.

You are welcome even if I couldn't do too much to help you.

Cheers,
CGS