From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: Linux Alternatives for CouchDB
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:05:45 GMT
1. autoconf-2.13: http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.13.tar.gz
2. tar xzf autoconf-2.13.tar.gz
3. cd autoconf-2.13
4. export PWD=$(pwd)
5 ./configure --prefix=$PWD --exec-prefix=$PWD (just to avoid to use root)
6. make
7. make install

And you have all the autoconf-2.13 in $PWD/bin ready to use it. If you
want to use it without path:

8. export PATH=$PATH:$PWD/bin

You don't need to go in js/src as the git brings directly the src
directory. So, just position yourself in spidermonkey directory and
follow the rest of the instruction. When you configure CouchDB, don't
forget to set --with-js-include= and --with-js-lib= to point toward
spidermonkey/dist/include and spidermonkey/dist/lib.

I took these from my .bash_history, so, some variation may exist.

Cheers,
CGS

On 10/25/2011 04:46 PM, Clarke Bishop wrote:
> Sam&  CGS, I took your advice! I'm going to try to stay with Ubuntu 11.10.
>
> But, I've got spidermonkey problems.
>
> I've been following: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu
>
> I got down to ./configure, and got this error:
>
> configure: error: Could not find the js library.
>
> Is the Mozilla SpiderMonkey library installed?
>
> Then, I followed CGS' advice and did this:
>
> git clone git://github.com/membase/spidermonkey.git
>
> Now, I've got spidermonkey, but I can't figure out how to install it.
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/En/SpiderMonkey/Build_Documentation said to do this:
>
> cd js/src
> autoconf-2.13
> ./configure
> Make
>
> But, I don't have a js/src directory. I also don't have autoconf-2.13 installed. Do I
need this?

> Thanks for patience and help for all of you. Sorry, I'm so slow with it all!
>
>     Clarke

and for installing on Ubuntu 11.10?

>> Either way, I'm going to have to learn whichever Linux distro, so I really don't
care which one. Ubuntu seems to offer some nice GUI tools which is why I picked it. I only
installed version 11.10 because I did not anticipate the problems I'm having. I really don't
care about that either.