From CGS <>
Subject Re: unique constraint in couchdb
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:32:50 GMT
No, you are not missing anything. My point there was how to build the
"constraints" part. Some DB's can be seen as providing a more
straightforward implementation, but that depends only from which angle
you approach the solution. In this case, my solution lays more in
validation (e.g., see,
especially at the image than in views. And
this is the constraint part which I was referring to.

Don't get me wrong, I meant no offense when I said it's more about logic
than the tool itself. By logic here I meant just the way you implement
the constraint and not the developer logic. I apologize if that created
any confusion with that.

On 10/20/2011 03:12 PM, Alexander Uvarov wrote:
> This is not a problem in RDBMS with transactions and constraints. Am I
> missing something?
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM, CGS<>  wrote:
>> Hi Patrick,
>> I suppose that is more of logic than the tool itself and I suppose you may
>> enter the same problem in any DB you may change to (SQL or no-SQL).

View raw message