From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: Help installing CouchDB on Ubuntu
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:44:10 GMT
I tried the Single Server CE on Ubuntu 11.10 ran into issues as well.. started up with an error...
  didn't have time to debug, so I just rolled back to Lucid and used "Batteries Included"
method of install... worked like a charm!

- Jim

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering
SRI International

On Oct 26, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Robert Wadholm wrote:

> Should work on the latest Ubuntu if that's what you've got. Try the Single Server Community
Edition 32-bit or 64-bit Linux Debian package 1.2.0 (based on Apache CouchDB 1.1.x) at http://www.couchbase.com/downloads/couchbase-single-server/community.
You'll probably need to first make sure there aren't any remnants of Couch from previous installs
still on your machine (may cause installation and/or run time issues).