From Paul Hirst <paul.hi...@sophos.com>
Subject Authentication Question
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:59:33 GMT
Hi, I've been trying to read around this on the web but I just can't find an answer which makes
sense to me.

I would like to build a couch app and I would like to use an existing system to do the authentication.
I can build an interface on this other system to do whatever is required to make this work
(eg some REST thing issue cookies or validate username/password) but I can't see how I would
make couch use this interface.

If I can avoid it I'd rather not have users really exist in the _users database but if this
is unavoidable maybe I could create them on the fly?

I know I've been vague but can anyone offer a starting point?

Sophos Limited, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 991 2418 08.