From Konstantin Cherkasov <c...@imarto.net>
Subject High latency (40ms) and low request rate (10 rps) under windows
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:22:14 GMT
Hi!

I installed CouchDB 1.1.0 on Windows (Winows 7, 32 bit) and tried to
test performance using ab.exe
(Apache Benchmark http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/ab.html)

ab.exe -k -c 1 -n 1000 -p ab.json -T "application/json" http://localhost:5984/bench

where ab.json contains the simplest document {"value": "test"}.

This utility do 1000 POSTs with no concurency (-c 1) in single
connection (-k for keepalive).

On my laptop (it's NOT low cost netbook) I got 10 requests per second.
So it is 0.1 second per single request.
And CPU and HDD utilization is actually ZERO.

I was just wondering what exactly CouchDB doing all this time
(0.1 second) with single little record?

As the utilization of CPU and HDD is 0%, I believe that they are not the bottleneck.

So where is bottleneck?

P.S.
All test I did with delayed_commits = false.
And I tried socket_options = [{nodelay, true}]

--
 Konstantin Cherkasov