From Robert Wadholm <rwadh...@maf.org>
Subject Re: Help installing CouchDB on Ubuntu
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 00:37:20 GMT
Hi Clarke,
Have you already tried CouchBase Single Server Community Edition for Linux?
http://www.couchbase.com/downloads
Might be the easier way to go if you want a packaged deal.

Bob

Bob Wadholm
www.bob.wadholm.com<http://www.bob.wadholm.com>
rwadholm@indiana.edu<mailto:rwadholm@indiana.edu>
GitHub (https://github.com/rwadholm)

On Oct 26, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Clarke Bishop wrote:

This is all very frustrating. Couchdb is wonderful, but not if you can't
install it.

build-couchdb at https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb looks great. It
says it works on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx). If I roll back to that
version of Ubuntu, will I be relatively safe? I know nothing's perfect. I
just want to have a good chance to succeed.

I tried a bunch of things that were suggested the other day, but couldn't
get anything to work.

I'd like to use Ubuntu. Is there a version, any version, of Ubuntu that has
a reliable couchdb install?

Please forgive me for complaining. I know all of you and the couchdb dev
team are working hard to do great stuff. I want to do great stuff with
couchdb, but I'm stuck. Before, I thought it was just me and my newbie-ness.
But, it doesn't seem like anyone can get this to work.

Thanks for any help!

  Clarke