From Behrad Zari <behrad_z...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Threaded External Handlers
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2011 11:14:03 GMT
>The new externals feature in Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 supports >concurrency, it uses http
instead of stdin/stdout. >http://davispj.com/2010/09/26/new-couchdb-externals-api.html
Thanks Robert, I knew about the Http Proxy feature new in 1.1!
In our deployment our business logic is stored code (js/py) on CouchDB that should be run
 at server-side, we have Apache Web server as our front end. So that may not be the case for
us to use CouchDB's http proxy for running server-side code!
In our case I think solutions are to
1) use mod-python handlers in Apache (and write business logic code in Python => No code
sharing through the whole system)
2) ADD!!! NodeJS to our architecture as processes managed by CouchDB os-daemons to which Apache
routes requests
3) Write fake CouchDB update handlers and use them as Stored-JS-code-Runners (with couchapp
code sharing through documents), and call these handlers from mod-python to fulfill the business
logic.
4)?