From "Clarke Bishop" <cbis...@resultantsys.com>
Subject RE: Help installing CouchDB on Ubuntu
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 00:51:29 GMT
I did try couchbase singer server, but had problems with it. Does it work
with Ubuntu? Which versions?

I'd just like to know about a combination that can definitely work. Then,
I'll troubleshoot if needed. I've just been spinning my wheels trying all
sorts of combinations.

Thanks for your ideas!

   Clarke

From: Robert Wadholm [mailto:rwadholm@maf.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:37 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org; cbishop@resultantsys.com
Subject: Re: Help installing CouchDB on Ubuntu

Hi Clarke,

Have you already tried CouchBase Single Server Community Edition for Linux?

http://www.couchbase.com/downloads

Might be the easier way to go if you want a packaged deal.

Bob

Bob Wadholm

www.bob.wadholm.com

rwadholm@indiana.edu

GitHub (https://github.com/rwadholm)

On Oct 26, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Clarke Bishop wrote:

This is all very frustrating. Couchdb is wonderful, but not if you can't
install it.

build-couchdb at https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb looks great. It
says it works on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx). If I roll back to that
version of Ubuntu, will I be relatively safe? I know nothing's perfect. I
just want to have a good chance to succeed.

I tried a bunch of things that were suggested the other day, but couldn't
get anything to work.

I'd like to use Ubuntu. Is there a version, any version, of Ubuntu that has
a reliable couchdb install?

Please forgive me for complaining. I know all of you and the couchdb dev
team are working hard to do great stuff. I want to do great stuff with
couchdb, but I'm stuck. Before, I thought it was just me and my newbie-ness.
But, it doesn't seem like anyone can get this to work.

Thanks for any help!

  Clarke