From Wordit <wordi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android with Remote Couch
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:16:50 GMT
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Keith Gable <ziggy@ignition-project.com> wrote:
> Putting couch.js on the server wouldn't bypass the cross-domain problem.

Yes, in fact the script is not seen and Android complains about it. So
the scripts have to be in the same place as the HTML file.

> I would suggest ignoring anything mobile and seeing how a web page would
> bypass the cross-domain problem to get to CouchDB, since that's the problem
> you're having

I'm not sure it's only a cross-domain issue. I use HTML5's Postmessage
to work with cross-domain policies. That worked great when the scripts
are in the couch and need to talk to another domain (for extra PHP
stuff). It's a bit mind-boggling for a while, but it works, the
Postmessage jquery plugin even supports old IE versions.

I'll ask on the PhoneGap list, but I wasn't sure how much this is a
couch db issue.

Has anyone tried talking to a couch from a web app stored locally on
your PC? I mean either just loading the static HTML file in the
browser (now web server), or running a web server as localhost?

Thanks,

Marcus