From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication only in one direction
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 10:40:54 GMT
No. I meant from remote server to local server, but instead of "database" in
the local server to put full database path
(http://user:passwd@local_ip_or_dns:5984/database). It may not work, but
it's worth the try.

I am sorry that I am giving you blind attempts which may not solve the
problem, but the error doesn't say too much. The error says in human
language something like: "there is no connection in between the two servers,
so, I cannot do what you asked". That can mean many things (except for
CouchDB bugs or CouchDB servers incopatibility):
1. SSL proxy doesn't allow the reverse connection (strange, but not
impossible);
2. SSL proxy slows the response so much that a timeout appears as a
response;
3. local server doesn't permit such operation due to the insufficient
permissions;
...and so on so forth. So, I am trying to figure out which may be the
problem.

It's also worth trying to PUT/GET documents via cURL to see if one or the
other server blocks the connection. A shortcut to learn fast how to use cURL
with CouchDB can be found here:

http://jpmens.net/2010/04/20/the-antepenultimate-couchdb-reference-card/

If all the operations are permitted (PUT/GET to/from remote/local servers)
that means there may be a network problem. If not, then this may be a bug in
CouchDB (which I doubt, but I wouldn't take it out totally from the
equation).